The settlement was organized as “Round Lake Township in the year 1857. In 1860, the name was changed to “Grow Township” in honor of Senator Galusha Grow, a strong supporter of the Union. At the time, the population of the fledgling township was 330. It was not until 1972 that the town experienced rapid population growth. To better serve the needs of the residents, the board supervisors voted to incorporate and hence the name was changed to “Andover Village” due to the historical interest with the Andover train station. Cityhood was achieved in 1974 and was henceforth known as the City of Andover.
The Geneva Suites